Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Start Building YOUR Dream!



Yesterday I was casually going through my facebook feeds and this post came up on my screen and 'virtually' slapped me in my face! The words.."If You Don't Build Your Dream... Someone Will Hire You To Help Build Theirs." seemed to be screaming at me.  I am in the early stages of building this new vision for myself and this post reminded me that as I strive to be a 'corporate mom dropout' (shout out to Lucinda Cross for initiating this mom movement), I AM building MY dream and no one elses!  What an empowering moment to realize that I am ahead of the building game and already laying my foundation, one brick at a time.  Although I want everything yesterday and it gets frustrating I have to stop and celebrate each step no matter how small.


This week I am preparing to be a sponsor/vendor at Tierra Destiny Reid's Design Your Destiny event that is kicking off in Atlanta this weekend.  I have been following Tierra for a few years now and have watched her turn her layoff from corporate America and into a thriving empire.   She is where I want to be... a wonderful mother, wife, motivator, strategist and thriving business owner.  I am trying to surround myself with people who are doing BIG things as I feel that God has called me to empower women and girls in many ways.  I missed her event last year and when she launched this new tour, I signed up as soon as she shared the news..as a matter of fact I think I was one of the first registrants..LOL! 






I am determined to make 2012 my year..no longer sitting around and waiting..I want to learn from the best!  She reached out to me a few weeks ago about being a sponsor (see Empower Her, Inc. listed as a sponsor..whohoo)  and being one of the photographers that would also cover the event.  I was blown away that she was impressed with my passion, something that I enjoy as a hobby.  She also loved my "Leaving My Mark On Women's History" empowerment party. You truly never know who is watching you and what opportunities can come when you step out and start building your dream. 


So I not only get to learn how to design MY destiny, I also get to highlight empowering moments during the event through photography, and share my passion to empower with other women striving for more...seriously whose life is this??? Today I came across a picture of me at one of the trade shows for my current company in San Francisco a few years ago. I have been so blessed to travel to many cities representing my company and promoting our business.


Picture of Me At One of Our Trade shows :-)

It hit me today as I was preparing items to be a sponsor/vendor at the Design Your Destiny event that I will be representing MY company..MY dream this weekend! Sharing my vision for Empower Her, Inc. and the services that I will be providing to girls and women through empowerment workshops, programs and celebrations.  I pulled out my banner that I ordered six months ago, and as I put it together on the stand, I remembered all the times I put together booths for my company.  I never imagined that one day I would be doing my own. 


My Banner That I Will Be Proudly Standing By This Weekend :-)




Such an emotional and powerful moment to truly realize that I am building my dream instead of someone else's! I am super duper nervous but excited about what is to come this weekend through this amazing event as it will be my chance to get true feedback about what I plan to offer through my empowerment agency and my other talents and gifts.  I encourage you all to start building your dreams today or continue to take steps towards making your dreams your reality.  Surround yourself with positive people who are where you want to go and celebrate every milestone... no matter how small!


Big thanks to Tierra for believing in me and letting me be a part of this special event, I am very grateful, God is so awesome..whohoo!!!


More info about this weekend's event and Tierra's mission to help women Design Their Destiny!


Additional Link and Information: TDR Event










Let's finish this week strong and continue to build!!!



2 comments:

  1. First of all sister let me commend you on your courage, passion and drive to pursue your dreams and walk in your destiny. Your story is especially inspiring to me because I am also in the process of developing a self esteem and empowerment program for girls (based in Columbus, OH). I was also discouraged by someone who didn't believe I could do this because dropped out of college and I didn't have a degree.I commed you on going back to school and completing you education. I plan to do the same. I think you blog, company and organization is wonderful. I look forward to receiving more inspiration and encouragement from you and all you do and know that have my support.
    Sincerely

    Yolundra Jackson-Christian
    soon to be founder and facilitator of CROWN GEMS Enrichment Program
    yolundraj@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you soooooo much Yolundra!!!! yay..so happy about CROWN GEMS that is a fabulous name! I will email you offline!! Whohoo keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete