Friday, April 20, 2012

Keep Going!


What a perfect end to a great week! I am happy to report that being a sponsor and one of the photographers for the Design Your Destiny Atlanta Event was AMAZING!!!!! Being able to stand in front of my sign for Empower Her, Inc. was an experience that I can not put into words.  The event was so powerful and the tips that were provided were truly life changing and helped me realize that what I have to offer the world has extreme worth and  incredible value!  I am truly excited to walk in this new area of my destiny.  To view some of my pictures from the event  Click Here.


Founder of Empower Her, Inc. Kara Norman at DYD Atlanta 2012

As I always say this road is not easy juggling  your dreams, passions, work, family, and all the other things that life deals to you.  I left the event over the weekend feeling excited but overwhelmed on how to truly kick things up to the next level.  I have all of these wonderful ideas during the day and then when I get home after a long day, and put on my mommy and wife hat, just getting to any of those things seem impossible and I get frustrated that things are not happening fast enough.  So just when I felt myself slipping into a pity party yesterday (I seem to have those moments often..huh..lol), I came across the story of a powerful lady by the name of Shawn Brown, the creative vision behind the Georgia based company CheeseCaked.  Her story of a near death experience, tragedies that included being pronounced dead twice after being hit by a drunk driver, losing her 10 week old son in the same accident, then years later losing the father of her young children and countless other obstacles, made me realize that I HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT AND NO EXCUSES). 

Ms. Brown's story had me crying (I seem to do that a lot too) as she described what it was like to almost die, lose loved ones, recover from all of her injuries and build a business. Yet she continued to pursue her passion and created a successful business despite everything!  

Shana Brown, Founder of CheeseCaked


Photo of the car that Shana was in after the accident-(From Shana Brown's photo collection)


Shana Brown with her son, Jakori after his birth. He was killed in the car accident
(Photo Credit: Shana Brown's photo collection)


Her journey hit me like a ton of bricks and I feel that her perseverance will forever be in my thoughts especially at times when I feel that things are too hard.  We MUST keep going no matter what, even if we have to take small steps one at a time.  I am reminded of the saying based on two scriptures that states that "The race is not given to the swift or to the strong but to the one that ENDURES until the end".  We must endure many things when we pursue our dreams or just when we go through life in general, but the key is to keep going! 

Please take a moment to read Shawn Brown's story it truly is amazing (Click Here)!  Thank you Shawn for having the courage to keep going!



I also heard this song, "Hold On" the other day and had to share...let's keep it moving!!


No comments:

Post a Comment