Thursday, July 10, 2014

Mission Impossible In The Jungle #BarbieProject





Wow I can not believe we are about halfway through the summer! Where has it gone?? We have been super busy my way but my daughter Kennedy has been squeezing in her playtime around our crazy schedule for sure!  Last week I found Ms. Kennedy taking Barbie and her pals on a jungle adventure.  They started off with a little camping and conversation around a fire. These dolls are really decked out to be roughing it in the jungle..lol!
Barbie and Nikki stumble upon some sick animals. Lucky for these animals
Nikki is a veterinarian and a expert in making them feel better!








After checking on the animals she enters their information into her tablet,
I guess there is Wifi in the jungle?? Who knew?



Nikki explores all of her findings and she and Barbie get to work making the animals all better!


I left her to her playtime and got busy with cooking dinner.  A few hours later, I hear Kennedy and her big sister running upstairs, I hear something banging on the wall in the foyer.  I find her and her sister (16 years old mind you) with some ribbon and rope taped together looking over the banister.  Evidently her playtime had continued into the evening from earlier.  All of I sudden I see Barbie and Nikki flying threw the air, one going one way and the other going another.  Kennedy quickly runs down the stairs and tries again.

Evidently they were in the middle of an adventure, a mission impossible assignment, in the jungle.  With her older sisters help they perfected a bungee cord for Barbie and Nikki's assignment!  It was so hilarious watching them throw the dolls off the balcony.  I grabbed my phone and started recording. Her big sister found the mission impossible theme song on her phone. They reenacted the scene and my technology savvy teen was able add some special slow motion effects to my cell phone video.  They got a big kick out of seeing Barbie in action!

Here's the video!





I love seeing how my oldest daughter gets involved with her sister's playtime. I'm learning that we are never too old or grown up to play with Barbie!  Here's what happens when teens these days play with Barbie!  A few weeks ago my oldest daughter took my phone and positioned her sister's doll to take her own selfie!

 


This project has been very eye opening for me as a mom and also very rewarding. I'm amazed at the things that they come up with!  I'm looking forward to the next adventures that are discovered in her playtime.  Kennedy recently received her first passport and we have a trip planned in which she will get her first passport stamp.  She plans to take Barbie on her trip and when she got her passport this past week she cut out her dolls picture from the back of one of her Barbie boxes and taped it into a 'mock' passport book we received last year during a Passport Party project that my non-profit participated in. It came out so cute. She has it with our passports ready for a trip abroad! Can't wait to share those adventures soon!



What fun things are you and your daughters getting into this summer? We would love to hear about your adventures and any special playtime experiences that you have had this summer with Barbie! Be sure to leave a comment on our blog or share them on the Barbie Project website www.barbieproject.com or on our website, social networks Facebook or Twitter!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment