Thursday, July 24, 2014

International Barbie #Barbie Project


The best memories of my childhood are summer vacations to the beach with my family.  As a parent who is often going in a million directions any quality time away with my hubby and our daughters mean the world to me!  This summer we were able to take the girls on their first international trip!  They received their passports prior to the trip and were super excited about going out of the country and getting their very first passport stamp.  I didn't get my passport until a few years ago and was so overjoyed when I received mine.  I remember being so in awe that I could now travel anywhere in the world!

As soon as they received their passports, my daughter created a 'mock passport' for her Barbie doll Nicki.  She made sure that her passport was packed with the rest of the families passports before we left.

The day of the trip the girls were buzzing and ready to go!  Ms. Kennedy changed her Entrepreneur Barbie into her pilot outfit and packed her in her carry on bag.  This was my youngest daughter's first plane ride so this trip was special in many ways.

Kennedy Making Sure That She Had Her Dolls Passport Ready!

They Are Ready For Take Off!
   
It was so neat seeing my daughter's excitement as we took off into the sky.  She giggled during take off and kept her nose pressed to the glass as we flew above the clouds!  We landed in Mexico ready to explore.  We passed through customs and the girls received their first stamp. Kennedy wanted to have Barbie present her mock passport to the customs agent but I didn't think that would go over to well, didn't want Barbie to get detained with fake documents..lol!!
 
We had a great time at the beach, relaxing in the pool, eating great food and visiting beautiful Mayan Ruins during our long weekend away.
 
 Could Not Get This One Out Of The Pool!

 
Both of my daughters also went snorkeling for the first time with their dad. I am NOT a swimmer and I was just so amazed that both of my daughters especially Ms. Kennedy hopped right into the middle of the ocean with no fear!  They saw beautiful coral reefs, stingrays, eels, jellyfish and exotic fish, Dory from Finding Nemo to be exact!
 
  
Kennedy got out of the water grinning from ear to ear. She said over and over that snorkeling was the best thing that she has ever done in her WHOLE life and the best part of the trip!  It was a truly priceless moment as a parent, and made the whole trip worth while exposing them to different cultures, worlds and adventures! What a blessing!
 
 
  

 
I'm excited to see how Kennedy's playtime will be shaped by her new experiences! I will have a lot to share in my upcoming posts I am sure!  I can not believe the summer is winding down and the girls will be back in school in a few short weeks, where did it go???   We would love to hear about your adventures and any special playtime experiences that you have had with your daughters or sons this summer! Be sure to leave a comment on our blog or share them on the Barbie Project website www.barbieproject.com or on our website, social networks Facebook or Twitter!
 
Cheers to the rest of the summer and Adios Amigos!!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment